Greenspoon Marder is a national full-service business law firm with 240 attorneys and 26 locations across the United States. We are ranked amongst American Lawyer’s Am Law 200, as one of the top law firms in the U.S. since 2015. Since our inception in 1981, our firm has been committed to providing excellent client service through our cross-disciplinary, client-team approach. Our mission is to understand the challenges that our clients face, build collaborative relationships, and craft creative solutions designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. We serve Fortune 500, middle-market public and private companies, start-ups, emerging businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs nationwide.
We have an opportunity in our Miami Brickell office! We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our growing Trust and Estates practice group. This position will provide legal administrative support to a Partner and his legal team. We are seeking individuals with legal knowledge, specifically in the trust and estates arena, who are also organized and detail oriented. Please see below for additional details regarding the position.
Your Legal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide legal and non-legal administrative support to attorneys and paralegals
• Proofread all documents and correspondence for accuracy
• Coordinate meetings including videoconferences, conferences calls, equipment, presentation materials
• Manage attorney contacts and calendar
• Manage attorney phones including incoming calls, messaging, transfers, and conference calls
• Process expense reports and check requests
• Billing - prepare invoices, create cover letters, and send out invoices
• Enter time for timekeeper and print reports as requested
• Run conflicts checks, create client files, and search and print reports
• Draft cover letters
• Process client packages
• All other administrative tasks as required
Preferred Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferred.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated proficiency in WORD, EXCEL, Power Point, Visio, and I Manage
• Demonstrated proficiency in document management and time entry systems
• Ability to prepare and execute electronic and paper court filings
• Exceptional organizational and file management skills a must
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Capable of handling confidential client information in a professional and trustworthy manner.