Greenspoon Marder is a national full-service business law firm with 240 attorneys and 26 locations across the United States. We are ranked amongst American Lawyer’s Am Law 200, as one of the top law firms in the U.S. since 2015. Since our inception in 1981, our firm has been committed to providing excellent client service through our cross-disciplinary, client-team approach. Our mission is to understand the challenges that our clients face, build collaborative relationships, and craft creative solutions designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. We serve Fortune 500, middle-market public and private companies, start-ups, emerging businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs nationwide.
Great opportunity in our Downtown Fort Lauderdale office! We have an opening for a Legal Floater and are seeking a well-versed legal assistant who has knowledge of multiple practice areas, is highly motivated, detail orientated and takes intiative.
As the Legal Floater, you will be responsible for enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing information management support, aiding in the delivery of legal services, including but not limited to, assisting with clients. You will be required to work with not just one, but many attorneys in many different practice groups. You will be based out of our Downtown Fort Lauderdale office, although you will be required to travel to the Brickell, Boca, and West Palm Beach office as necessary. This is a full-time position offering full benefits. Your standard days and hours of work will be Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., however, the position requires the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet clients, and take all client calls
- Handle all calendaring and scheduling for meetings, calls, and ensure all deadlines are met
- Organize and file documents
- Close files for offsite storage
- Open new files
- Run conflict checks
- Draft general correspondence and engagement letters
- Copying/Scanning, binder and trial preparation, bate stamping, redaction and document indexing
- Revise all documents, including redlining and comparing
- Utilize and work with Dictation/Transcription if needed
- Enter Attorney Time
- Prepare and E-file documents at the State and Federal Level as it pertains to practice
- Input and scan documents and information into the file database and case management software
- Assist with completing expense reports if needed
- Familiar with several practice areas
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/Functional Expertise and Usage
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Planning and Organizing
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, or Legal Certificate
- Minimum of two to five years of progressive experience as a Legal Assistant in the practice area.