Greenspoon Marder is a national full-service business law firm with 240 attorneys and 26 locations across the United States. We are ranked amongst American Lawyer’s Am Law 200, as one of the top law firms in the U.S. since 2015. Since our inception in 1981, our firm has been committed to providing excellent client service through our cross-disciplinary, client-team approach. Our mission is to understand the challenges that our clients face, build collaborative relationships, and craft creative solutions designed and executed with long-term strategic goals in mind. We serve Fortune 500, middle-market public and private companies, start-ups, emerging businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs nationwide.
Greenspoon Marder LLP is seeking a paralegal for our Downtown Fort Lauderdale location who specializes in Litigation, and or Corporate work. We are seeking a well versed paralegal who can work in a fast paced enviroment and assist multiple attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have experience performing a variety of duties such as preparing legal documents, correspondence, discovery, electronic court filings in Federal and State Court and communicating with clients.
• Other responsibilities include:
• Document organization and production
• Conducting factual research
• Pacer and Westlaw to find cases and case history
• Preparing for and attending trials
• Acting as liaison among various internal departments, as well as with outside agencies
• Prepare and finalize pleadings in accordance with applicable State and Federal rules for filing with court;
• Bates and Redact documents using Acrobat Adobe
• Assist with document retrieval, review, organization, and production;
• Maintain case pleadings, correspondence, discovery, and research for large volume cases;
• Cite-check and edit legal documents;
• Maintain and use document, transcript, and work product databases;
• Prepare for depositions, i.e., prep. binders, exhibits, and all other discovery related tasks;
• Organize and prepare exhibit lists and/or privilege logs;
• Coordinate work with outside document/litigation vendors, including adherence to strict deadlines;
• Coordinate and assist with trial preparations, i.e., exhibits, witness binders, and demonstratives;
• Assist with trial site preparation and attend trials
Preferred Education and Experience: